“Summer time and the living easy…” famous words and so true! I know your summer is half way done but it is important to remember a few tips for the best fun and fit summer!!
Here are my Top 10 Summer Time Tips!
1. Drink lots of water! The weather is hotter, you may be more active, and all the more reasons why your body needs more water. So drink up!! Add fresh fruit to your water to mix it up.
2. Sunscreen! It is important to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays. Make sure to apply an ample amount of sunscreen, reapply very 2-3 hours, and don’t forget your hands and feet.
3. Eat fresh! There is so many wonderful fruits and vegetables that are in season this time of year, so take of advantage of this!
4. Sleep. With the busy summer days, and nights, still make sure you are getting enough sleep.
5. Stay cool. Go to the pool, water park, splash pad. But if it’s too hot for that, then stay in, go to the movies, play a game, do a project in your home.
6. Transform your activities into exercise. Instead of laying out at pool, jump in and swim a few laps. At the beach, try kayaking or paddling boarding. At the park, try pull ups on the jungle gym. Get creative and remember very little bit helps!
7. Try something new! Summer is a perfect time to start a new workout program, try a new workout class at the gym or a studio. Changing up your workout program is also good for your body and working your muscles in a different way can give your metabolism a boost.
8. Relax and rejuvenate. It’s great to be active in summer but take time to relax and rejuvenate. Get a massage, take a nap, get your nails done, try yoga…
9. Fun! Fun is a must in the summer. Make a summer bucket list of all the fun things you want to do! They can be big or small as long as fun is involved!
10. Read. Reading is a perfect summer activity and a great exercise for your mind!
Hope you enjoyed these tips and have the best fun and fit summer!