Things I want my Daughter to know.
1. You are STRONG. You are strong on the inside and on the outside. And remember you are stronger than you may realize.
2. Be who you are! Don’t be ashamed of your passions, interests, be friends with people like you. Don’t let anyone make you ashamed of who you are. You are 100%, you are worth it!.
3. Make friends. Be a friend. Put yourself in other people’s shoes and realize we never really know what someone may be going through. Everyone could use a friend or someone to be friendly.
4. Talk to me. You can tell my ANYTHING you are thinking, feeling, or going through. There is nothing you can say or do that will ever make me stop loving you. We may disagree but I love you unconditionally. I love you for who you are!.
5. You are BEAUTIFUL. I know I am your mom so you think my opinion doesn’t matter, but since I am your mom, it matters the most, because I know you the most! (just like what the mom said in Wonder) Beauty comes from within. It doesn’t matter how pretty on are on the outside if you are ugly on the inside. Know your worth and your value.
6. You are You. We have some things in common. We also have our differences. But you are your own person. Your path is your own and I want very much to help guide and cheer you along! You have a unique and beautiful spirit.
7. It’s not you, it’s them. Practically every time someone hurts you, it is about them. Everyone is fighting their own battles and has their unique experiences. You can not change anyone but yourself, so there is no reason worrying about things you can not change.
8. I LOVE YOU. Because I can not say it enough!! I love you just the way you are!!